The four-leaved clover is often confused with the shamrock. While the four-leaved clover is a symbol of good luck, the three-leaved shamrock is mainly an Irish Christian symbol of the Holy Trinity. 酢漿草就是'Shamrock',也稱苜宿,又叫三葉草,是愛爾蘭的國花。長有四片葉子的三葉草代表著幸運...
2013年7月4日 星期四
看一下英文,好久沒進步了!!
很實用的生活英語.....................
Get a life. 下輩子吧
I read his palm. 看手相
Superstitions die hard. 迷信難根絕
Old habits die hard. 舊習難改
Everyone has habits. 每個人都有習性
It’s habit-forming. 上癮了
My shoes pinch me. 鞋子太緊
I’ve got a charley horse in my calf. 腳抽筋
She cast a horoscope. 占了一下星座
Leos and Scorpios get along well. 獅子座天蠍座合得來
Just trim it. 頭髮剪一點點就好
Take a little more off the front(side, back). 瀏海(側.後)剪一點點
Get a permanent. 燙頭髮
Give me a bob, please. 剪香菇頭
I have unruly hair. 自然捲
I have lots of split ends. 頭髮有分叉
Dandruff 頭皮屑
Part my hair in the middle(on the side) 中分(旁分)
You are filthy. 你很髒
She made a face. = she pulled a long face. 皺眉拉長臉
He horselaughed. 大笑
She gets dimples when she smiles. 有酒窩
My hands are chapped. 手乾得裂開、龜裂
Squeeze my pimple. 擠青春痘
It’s a slip of the tongue. = I put my foot in my mouth. 說溜嘴
You have a hoarse voice. 聲音沙啞 = I have a frog in my throat.
High-pitched voice – deep voice 聲音高與低沉(粗)
I have a sweet tooth. 愛吃甜食
She puckers her lips. 噘嘴
I have a long nose. 鼻子很挺 Flat nose 很塌
You are slouching. 駝背
He has a potbelly. 大肚子 a big belly小腹凸出
Get over your impatience. 改掉急性子
My clothes are ragged. 衣服破了
The dirt doesn’t come off. 衣服沒洗乾淨
Clotheshorse 曬衣架
Run water into bathtub 浴缸放水---drain the bathtub 把水放掉
I feel refreshed by taking a bath. 洗了澡比較舒服
Don’t tickle me. 別搔我癢
My feet have gone numb.= my feet have gone to asleep. 腳麻了
Utility man 什麼都會做的人
訂閱:
張貼留言 (Atom)
沒有留言:
張貼留言